ITNA’s Service Desk, via Primary Engineers and Project Managers, manage information delivery through defined processes. The Service Desk is process focused and company strategy focused. It is outward focused on the customer and inward focused on the day to day processes of the business. The ultimate goal of the Service Desk is to reduce client costs by having the appropriate personnel working on problems, by monitoring trends and by managing processes.
Service Desk Services
Evaluate current services and ensure a plan is in place to modify and implement new and existing services when required.
Evaluate and ensure a new service will meet current and future needs. Ensure a new service can be introduced into the live environment.
Define a plan that ensures no service outages or gaps during a service transition, thus the effects of the transition on the corporation are minimal.
Responsible for the ongoing monitoring of a service that is used to deliver services.
Continual Service Improvement
Review and analyse opportunities to improve all IT processes and functions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Represents the first stage of escalation for incidents, should these not be resolvable within the agreed SLA
- Undertakes research for the root-causes of incidents and ensures the enduring elimination of interruptions
- Make temporary solutions (i.e. workarounds) available and develops final solutions for known errors
- Engages in the avoidance of interruptions (i.e. proactive problem management) via trend-analysis of important services or historical incidents
- Authorises and documents all changes in the IT Infrastructure and its components (i.e. configuration items) in order to maintain a minimum amount of interruptive effects upon the running operation
- Responsible for the implementation of changes to the IT infrastructure so that they are carried out effectively, safely and verifiably
- Prepares and makes available the necessary information about the IT infrastructure and services for Service Delivery Manager
- Maintains a logical model containing the components of the IT infrastructure (Cis) and their associations
- Ensures changes are documented and the updated state of the information is regularly checked
Roles and Reponsibilities
- Responsible for all Implementations and Onboardings
- Create WorkFlows and planning documentation
- Create required Reports and discuss with key stakeholders
- Engage in the allocation of staff via the Service Delivery Manager to perform required work
- Ensure adherence to project plan
- Ensure scheduled resources adhere to budgets and allocated times
- Tasked with planning, monitoring and implementation of respective rollouts
- Engage with Primary Engineers to ensure successful installations
- Engage with Help Desk Engineers to ensure successful installations
- Conduct reviews at projected timeframes throughout projects
- Keep stakeholders abreast of current project status
- Keep stakeholders abreast of issues relating to projects
- Engage and Liaise with Third Parties required to complete work
- Monitor Third Party evolvement to ensure work is completed to schedule
- Perform Third Party incident management